Newlands Hop Egg
This innovative piece of equipment helps you get the most out of your dry hopping by functioning as a mixing and dosing vessel. The Hop Egg works by blending hops with your finished or fermenting beer allowing safe and sanitary re-introduction back into your vessels. The Newlands Hop Egg can also be utilized for other purposes around your brewery such as, yeast pitching and mixing, adjunct blending and dosing, finings and other cellar additions.
The Hop Egg is available in 3 sizes, 4HL, 8HL and 11HLThe NSI Hop Egg is made from 304 stainless steel with the following features:
- Inert gas flushable to minimize oxygen pickup
- Variable speed agitator to give thorough mixing
- CIP line and 360 sprayball for efficient cleaning and sanitation
- Three sizes: 4 hl, 8 hl and 12 hl to match fermenter volume
- Multiple modes of operation depending on dry hopping technique
- Suitable for stabilizer or other additions to brewery vessels
- Viewing port and internal light
- Optional hose and fitting kit for efficient operation
- When used correctly, you can expect that dissolved oxygen levels in the source fermenter will increase by less than 10 ppb.
- The NSI Hop Egg may be used for many other additions to be made to your fermenter such as stabilizers, fruit syrups and slurries.
- Capacity: The Hop Egg can be used to dry hop a fermenter at an addition rate of up to 11kg pelletized hops/hl of Hop Egg volume.
Are you planning to build or expand a brewery?
For more information including system details, options and pricing:
Here’s what our customers are saying
We are a fast growing business and our partnership with Newlands has enabled that growth to continue.
Head Brewer, Revolution Brewing
You can tell this system was designed with experience. Everything is right where you need it and it works.
Head of West Coast Brewing, Big Rock Brewery
It may sound a little trite, but when it comes to brewing expertise, installation and after sales support, Newlands is definitely “the Dream Team”.
Principal, Steamworks Brewing Company
Our new brewhouse is as smoothly functional as it is beautiful. The Newlands team are all “can-do” people; they are highly flexible, and they think like brewers, which is critically important. The word “can’t” seems to be missing from their vocabulary. Our post-installation support has been excellent, and we’ve been running nicely since day one. We’ll be looking to work with them further as we expand.
Brewmaster, Brooklyn Brewery
Our brewery has at its disposal, a staff of brewing engineers, a high tech fabrication facility, internationally trained brewing consultants... Newlands designed, built and installed our brewery. They supplied us with top-of-the-line equipment, a helpful and knowledgeable staff and excellent follow-up service.
Tom Hail + John Legnard
Brewers, The Sandlot Brewery at Coors Field
Craftsmanship is what our customers look for in our product and it's the same reason we chose Newlands to design, engineer, and build our distillery.
Shelter Point Distillery
Newlands' install and service teams are essential to the installation of their brewing equipment. They continually worked with our brewing and maintenance teams to fine tune our system to the highest standards leading to the completion a highly successful project.
Head Brewer, Wicked Weeds
There are a lot of areas you can cut costs running a brewery, but your brewhouse shouldn't be one of those. You get more than what you pay for with Newlands.
Chief Brewing Officer, Mike Hess Brewing
There will always be something that breaks, having access to the Newlands after service teams makes for a pleasant experience.
Head Brewer, Pedal Haus Brewing
Our Newlands brew house is a perfect blend of automation and hands on brewing. A true workhorse!
Head Brewer, Oskar Blues
The team at NEWLANDS are strong at building that customer relationship. You know they will be there for the long run.