Standard in every brewery we build, from brewpub to production craft.
Newlands Hop Egg
This innovative piece of equipment helps you get the most out of your dry hopping by functioning as a mixing and dosing vessel. The Hop Egg works by blending hops with your finished or fermenting beer allowing safe and sanitary re-introduction back into your vessels. The Newlands Hop Egg can also be utilized for other purposes around your brewery such as, yeast pitching and mixing, adjunct blending and dosing, finings and other cellar additions.
The Hop Egg is available in 3 sizes, 4HL, 8HL and 11HLThe NSI Hop Egg is made from 304 stainless steel with the following features:
- Inert gas flushable to minimize oxygen pickup
- Variable speed agitator to give thorough mixing
- CIP line and 360 sprayball for efficient cleaning and sanitation
- Three sizes: 4 hl, 8 hl and 12 hl to match fermenter volume
- Multiple modes of operation depending on dry hopping technique
- Suitable for stabilizer or other additions to brewery vessels
- Viewing port and internal light
- Optional hose and fitting kit for efficient operation
- When used correctly, you can expect that dissolved oxygen levels in the source fermenter will increase by less than 10 ppb.
- The NSI Hop Egg may be used for many other additions to be made to your fermenter such as stabilizers, fruit syrups and slurries.
- Capacity: The Hop Egg can be used to dry hop a fermenter at an addition rate of up to 11kg pelletized hops/hl of Hop Egg volume.
Through rectification, breweries are able to make more efficient use of the vapour created during wort boiling by bringing the wort vapour in contact with the wort again. During typical boiling, the wort vapour is not saturated with unwanted volatiles, so it can still remove them when in contact. Rectification is capable of bringing the required total evaporation down to 2% instead of a typical 6% boil (our conventional internal boiler) while still achieving the same volatile extraction and flavour profiles. The reduction of evaporation means reduced energy and water use thus saving money.
Here’s what our customers are saying
We could not be happier with the NSI experience. There was a genuine willingness from the sales team and engineers to customize our system to meet our unique specifications. Gail and Brad were supportive from the start and remain involved if there is ever a concern no matter how small. Josh and the installation teams performed an amazing installation in a few short weeks. Most importantly, NSI has been there after the sale to support all the equipment and help us get the most out of our new system.
Newlands' install and service teams are essential to the installation of their brewing equipment. They continually worked with our brewing and maintenance teams to fine tune our system to the highest standards leading to the completion a highly successful project.
Our brewery has at its disposal, a staff of brewing engineers, a high tech fabrication facility, internationally trained brewing consultants... Newlands designed, built and installed our brewery. They supplied us with top-of-the-line equipment, a helpful and knowledgeable staff and excellent follow-up service.
Our new brewhouse is as smoothly functional as it is beautiful. The Newlands team are all “can-do” people; they are highly flexible, and they think like brewers, which is critically important. The word “can’t” seems to be missing from their vocabulary. Our post-installation support has been excellent, and we’ve been running nicely since day one. We’ll be looking to work with them further as we expand.
It may sound a little trite, but when it comes to brewing expertise, installation and after sales support, Newlands is definitely “the Dream Team”.
You can tell this system was designed with experience. Everything is right where you need it and it works.
We are a fast growing business and our partnership with Newlands has enabled that growth to continue.